The conference organising committee invite you to submit an abstract for consideration for inclusion in the 2024 conference program. Please review the information below and submit via the online abstract submission portal, which will open on Monday 29 January and close at 5:00pm on Friday 3 May 2024 (AEST).
Instructions to authors and abstract formatting guidelines
Please ensure that you have reviewed the instructions below and prepare your abstract accordingly prior to submission.
You are invited to submit an abstract/s as one of the following presentation types:
- Research paper presentation (20 minutes presentation time, plus 5 minutes Q&A)
- Presentation (45 minutes presentation time, plus 5 minutes Q&A)
- Workshop (45 minutes presentation time involving interactive activity, plus 5 minutes Q&A)
- 10-minute presentation of your Higher Degrees Research Project (Ph.D, Ed.D, M.Phil) during our HDR Lightening Session (max. 2 PowerPoint slides, no Q&A)
- Poster (one single A0 size page printed in portrait format, poster must not exceed 841mm wide x 1189mm high)
Abstracts are invited for submission in the following themes:
- Trauma-Aware First Nations education
- Trauma-Aware rural and remote education
- Trauma-Aware higher education
- Trauma-Aware alternative education (including Youth Detention Centres)
- Trauma-Aware education systems
- Trauma-Aware early childhood education and care
- Trauma-Aware schooling (including primary, secondary, etc.)
- Supporting staff and workforce well-being
- Animal-assisted support for trauma-impacted learners
- Messages from trauma survivors to education providers
- Hearing the latest from national and international research
- Higher Degrees Research projects in trauma-aware education
Abstracts are to be typed directly into the text box provided within the online submission portal. When submitting your abstract please ensure you follow the below formatting guidelines:
- Abstract should be no more than 400 words.
- All text should be entered in sentence case (do not type in CAPITAL LETTERS).
- Do not include the presentation title, author names or affiliations in the abstract text box as these details will be captured separately during the submission process.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar, as if successful, will be included in the conference app and book of abstracts.
Only abstracts submitted via the online abstract submission portal will be considered for the 2024 program. The submission portal will open on Monday 29 January and close at 5:00pm on Friday 3 May 2024 (AEST).
Once an abstract has been submitted via the online submission portal, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the submitting author. If this email is not received, please first check the spam folder, then contact the conference organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The presenting author/s of all accepted abstracts must register and pay the applicable registration fee by Friday 23 August 2024. If registration isn’t completed by this date, the organising committee reserve the right to remove the presentation from the program.